These quick appetizers are irresistible on the plate, and the flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and pesto balance beautifully! —Kristen Heigl, Staten Island, New York
Recommended: 36 Savory Suppertime Pies
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; roll into a 10-in. square.
- Beat cream cheese and pesto until smooth; stir in remaining ingredients. Spread cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of pastry edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Freeze 30 minutes. Cut crosswise into 16 slices.
Bake cut-side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pastry slices on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, preheat oven to 400°; bake pastries until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Mediterranean Pastry Pinwheels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p128
Reviews for Mediterranean Pastry Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review