- 20 whole chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Add to chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Using tongs, remove wings to a serving plate. Yield: 20 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Marinated Chicken Wings
Sort By :
There is only one word to describe this recipe, terrible. I had my doubts, but the photo in the new cookbook made them look great. It was not until I had the wings marinating did I see these reviews and realized that the recipe may not work. I even switched cooking these in the slow cooker to baking them in a cast iron dutch oven in hopes of adding color and thickening the sauce. It did not help. I ended up broiling them as others suggested and it helped some, but overall this was a complete failure. This is the first and last time I use this recipe. Yuck!
These had a good flavor and my husband, who is pretty picky about wings, liked them. They looked like all chicken does when cooked in a crockpot so I threw them under the broiler for a bit. That made a world of difference.
Made these for Sunday dinner. They were really good. I do think I'll throw them under the broiler next time to see if I can crisp up the skin, but my husband and I really enjoyed them. I used drumettes and chicken broth.
Awful! Imagine the taste of wet dog. BLECK. These were absolutely the worst thing I've ever made. Just like everyone else, they were nothing like the picture. Very pale. I thought the smell was wonderful. Inedible and a waste of expensive wings.
I love using my crock pot and this recipe was perfect. I think I ate the most, there were no leftovers. The only problem was I forgot to marinate them over night..so they only marinated for about 7 hrs but they still were good.. I will be making these again but will make sure i fellow the recipe!