Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + cooling
- 2 large whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze the softened garlic into a blender. Add the butter, hot pepper sauce and remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Dip chicken wings into the garlic mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with any remaining garlic mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 480 calories, 37g fat (13g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Feb 11, 2014
Turned out really well. My guests love it.I suggest baking them on a baking sheet that's lined with parchment paper. That'll make them much easier to pull off and serve.
Feb 9, 2012
definately the best chicken wings i've ever made!!!
Aug 25, 2008
My hubbie and I loved this dish. It was easy to make and the left overs reheated nicely for lunch the next day!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.