- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the zucchini, taco sauce and cheese. Place about 1/2 cupfuls down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 burritos.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lentil Burritos
Sort By :
"It was okay, considering that it is healthy and cheap, but I think I would rather just have a normal taco or burrito"
"This a great idea for a healthy lunch. I didn't have taco sauce so I used salsa instead and I topped the finished burrito with cheddar, extra salsa and hot sauce. Also plain yogurt might taste good on top."