"I'm constantly trying to incorporate healthy but tasty meals into our menu," writes Pam Masters of Derby, Kansas. "Both kids and adults love these mildly spiced burritos that combine filling lentils with crisp zucchini."
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the zucchini, taco sauce and cheese. Place about 1/2 cupfuls down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 burritos.
Originally published as Lentil Burritos in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p17
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lentil Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review