- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a skillet, cook sausage for 2-3 minutes. Stir in onion and peppers. Cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Combine brown sugar, steak sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; stir into skillet. Add beans. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Kielbasa and Kidney Beans
"I wanted to make this today but had no steak sauce. I subbed prepared BBQ sauce instead and I thought it was just as tasty. One of my favorite recipes for using kielbasa, but have made it in the past with smoked sausage and that's good too."
"I have made this many times now and love it as a quick easy meal. I have used potatoes instead of the beans and tastes great that way too! I double the sauce each time and use less brown sugar than is called for."
"A very satisfying dish for a busy day. Next time I will use a little less sugar, just personal taste."
"Super easy and fast. Could substitute any kind of sausage or even use chicken. A little sweet for me but that can also be changed. Definitely serve over rice."
"Very, Very tasty. Even my 1 yr. old ate it up. We also served it over rice to make it a heartier meal."