Who needs salt when you can give breads, pasta, spaghetti sauce and other dishes as Italian flair with this distinctive dried herb blend from our Test Kitchen.
Featured In: 20 Recipes for Your Christmas Cookie Swap
- 3 tablespoons each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients, in batches if necessary, in a spice grinder or small bowl. Grind or crush with the back of a spoon until mixture becomes a coarse powder. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 7 tablespoons.
Originally published as Italian Seasoning in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p53
Reviews for Italian Seasoning
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review