Can't find Greek seasoning at the grocery store? Our Test Kitchen home economists came up with their own rendition of the ethnic blend.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts1/2 teaspoon: 2 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Greek Seasoning in Light & Tasty April/May 2003