Homemade Ravioli Recipe
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll one portion to 1/16-in. thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten. Fold sheet over; press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a soup kettle of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain. Spoon sauce over ravioli. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Homemade Ravioli(6)
Sort By :
My daughter made me this for my birthday. It was wonderful!
This dish taste really good my husband loved it :)
I really enjoyed this recipe. Blogged about my experience. http://coffeeclutterandchaos.com/2013/05/07/my-adventure-making-homemade-ravioli/
This meal is amazing! I was feeding more than six people so I double the recipe, do not do that! It will easily feed 8-10 people I would say!
The pasta was difficult to mix and knead by hand I it would not mix in my kitchen aid blender, which also made it difficult to roll out for me personally causing my edges to remain hardened even after cooking.
I had plenty of leftovers for the next day and as an expire meant I deep fried the few pieces of ravioli I was going to eat. That helped tremendously with the hard edges! Sause is amazing and same with the filling! The pasta dough is the only trouble I had.
this is an excellent recipe, i have even added sun dried tomatoes and basil that i blended up with one of the eggs and it was great and added nice flavor and color
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >