Herbed Rib Roast Recipe
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Cut 15-20 slits in the roast; insert garlic. Combine salt, pepper, basil, parsley and marjoram; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches the desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Rib Roast(2)
Sort By :
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was lovely. Everyone went on and on about how delicious the food was, to the point that I was embarrassed and had to find a way to change the subject. :0)
I served it alongside au gratin potatoes (TOH recipe), sauteed green beans, homemade rolls, and cranberry punch.
My family loved the herb dry rub! I have mixed up a shaker bottle of it to keep ready for hamburgers and meatloaf/meatballs. I also used it on vension steaks. When I use it on hamburger and meatballs I use garlic powder instead of garlic cloves. Also tried it on vension and it was excellent. For vension Iput rub with garlic powder in a pie pan and coated both sides of venison steak and put into fry pan with hot olive oil.
My family isn't big on pepper so I did reduce the pepper just a bit.