Mom served these muffins instead of bread or buns. Now I make them to serve with soup or chili. — Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese and tomatoes.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herb & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Herb & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2013
"easy and delicious. So moist."
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"Easy to make. The flavor is decent. The texture is ok."