Italian Herb Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic powder. Serve with warm muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 17, 2012
Really almost excellent - just a little too dry for me.
Jan 21, 2011
I make these muffins at least every other week. They go with everything! My boys love them. Muffins mix up quick. Great recipe!
Feb 13, 2010
I love these....so quick and easy!!!!!They are a little dry, though, so you may want to add another egg.I have also successfully made them glute-free!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.