Herb & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins
Mom served these muffins instead of bread or buns. Now I make them to serve with soup or chili. — Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese and tomatoes.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.