Tomato Spice Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups seeded quartered tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. In a food processor, combine the eggs, butter, vanilla and tomatoes; cover and process until tomatoes are finely chopped. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 226 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2013
Needs more leavening and a bit more flour to be perfect but a nice flavor.
Aug 5, 2010
This recipe is good to have if you have an over abundance of tomatoes and are sick of canning them.
Aug 30, 2008
These muffins are great!!Anyone with lots of tomatoes should make these!! My kids who don't like tomatoes,love them!
Aug 30, 2008
These are great!!! Anybody who has lots of tomatoes should make these muffins!! My kids,who don't like tomatoes,love them.