Sweet Onion Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes3 dozen mini muffins or 1 dozen regular muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, onion and butter until blended; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteEditor's Note: If using regular size muffins cups, bake for ?-? minutes. Please copy and paste to use as a trailer--and replace the proper timing in the ?s.
Jul 24, 2013
Awesome muffins! I bake these alot because they're simple to make and requested often. I use regular onions and usually skip the walnuts. Also nice that they can be prepared using one bowl. I like making the bite-size mini muffins.
Mar 18, 2013
These are delicious! Have made them many times. I leave out the nuts and at 1 tbsp. water to the batter. These have become a regular in my kitchen!
Dec 18, 2011
Awesome recipe, my husband and I love it. I am recommending this to my family and friends. Leslee, Toronto, ON
Jun 8, 2010
A family favorite! Even my kids who don't like onions like these muffins. They're great paired with soups and stews, pot roast or pork roast, or even just for snacking.
Sep 8, 2009
These muffins are simple to make, and really good. They actually are sweet, which means even kids love them.
May 23, 2009
We love these, and make them often for breakfast. Serve them with scrambled eggs--yum!