Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- POPPY SEED NOODLES:
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef in onion and butter until the beef is no longer pink. Stir in the flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat through, but do not boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the noodles, poppy seed and butter; toss lightly. Serve stroganoff with noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles
Sort By :
"Very good! I did add a little beef broth to it and it turned out great. The whole family loved it. This is a keeper!"
"This wasn't good enough to make again. The only reason for 2* is because it was filling which served a purpose....but wasn't flavorful at all and tasted like hamburger helper."
"Easy, economical and tastes good! Usually you don't get all 3 in one recipe. Definitely a keeper."
"Tasty and quick. I used fresh mushrooms and fried them with the onion and butter before adding the beef."
"Not being big meat eaters, I used just 1 pound of ground beef. I, also, like more sauce so I used the water that rehydrated the dried mushrooms I had on hand. In addition I added 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules. This was so easy to make and tasted great over noodles. The leftover stroganoff tasted even better the next day on the 'Angel biscuits' I had made using the recipe on Taste of Home website. Will definitely make again and soon."