Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- POPPY SEED NOODLES:
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef in onion and butter until the beef is no longer pink. Stir in the flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat through, but do not boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the noodles, poppy seed and butter; toss lightly. Serve stroganoff with noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles
Sort By :
Very good! I did add a little beef broth to it and it turned out great. The whole family loved it. This is a keeper!
This wasn't good enough to make again. The only reason for 2* is because it was filling which served a purpose....but wasn't flavorful at all and tasted like hamburger helper.
Pretty good, I used fresh mushrooms & needed to add some beef broth to thin it out a bit for our taste.
Easy, economical and tastes good! Usually you don't get all 3 in one recipe. Definitely a keeper.
Tasty and quick. I used fresh mushrooms and fried them with the onion and butter before adding the beef.