Turkey Stroganoff with Spaghetti Squash
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine.
- Combine cornstarch and stock until smooth. Add to pan. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup stroganoff with 2/3 cup squash (calculated without cheese): 246 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Feb 5, 2019
Very good! I didn't have worcestershire and it was still delish. Probably a lot let sodium!!!
Oct 24, 2015
I think this could of been really good, but I put too much thyme in it, I think I will leave that out next time, it had a really strong thyme taste. But I will make it again, because the other flavors were amazing and it is a good healthy recipe.
Nov 14, 2014
We loved it
Sep 27, 2014
Very tasty! I am not a big fan of pasta so this variation with the squash was a very nice change!
Jan 10, 2014
Delicious! Easy to make and packed with flavor. Really healthy dish that I was excited to eat as leftovers. My boyfriend said he didn't even like spaghetti squash but would love to eat it again.
Oct 26, 2012
This recipe was positively D-lish!!! Both my husband and I loved it. It does pack a bit of spice with the steak seasoning. Some people may want to back that down a bit. It was, however, perfect for us. I cannot wait to make this recipe again. Yummmmm!
Oct 25, 2012
Just make sure if it's gluten free that you use G.F Worchestershire sauce, such as Lea & Perrins. Worchestershire sauce has soy sauce in it, which has gluten in the ingredients.
Oct 21, 2012
I thought this was outstanding, but the Boss is apparently not a fan of spaghetti squash served like this. He ate it, but requested that it not be made again.
Oct 12, 2012
My whole family loved this - even the kids