- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- TOMATO-PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (3 cups salsa).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Salsa
Sort By :
"Actually, I didn't even make the salsa, but it does look very good. The fresh pineapple makes it very appealing. But the chicken recipe -- that marinade is simply wonderful. I love that it uses ingredients I keep on hand and contains very little oil. This will be my go-to marinade from here on out. It added terrific flavor to the chicken."
"Delicious! We omitted the cilantro & jalapeno since we don't care for either. Very fresh & tasty.~ Theresa"
"Simple, great tasting grilled chicken recipe. Will look at cutting the salsa by 1/2 next time. Had plenty leftover."
"My family loved it. I'm making it again tomorrow for my "significant other". This could very well be a "well used" recipe."
"My mom who is very much the meat-and-potatoes type is still, the next day, telling everyone how good it was, and my sister sat there at the table and finished off all the salsa. PS Mom is 97 and doesn't normally like what she refers to as fancy food."