- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- TOMATO-PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (3 cups salsa).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Salsa
Sort By :
"Actually, I didn't even make the salsa, but it does look very good. The fresh pineapple makes it very appealing. But the chicken recipe -- that marinade is simply wonderful. I love that it uses ingredients I keep on hand and contains very little oil. This will be my go-to marinade from here on out. It added terrific flavor to the chicken."
"Delicious! We omitted the cilantro & jalapeno since we don't care for either. Very fresh & tasty.~ Theresa"
"Simple, great tasting grilled chicken recipe. Will look at cutting the salsa by 1/2 next time. Had plenty leftover."
"My family loved it. I'm making it again tomorrow for my "significant other". This could very well be a "well used" recipe."