Gorgonzola Figs with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 dried figs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved widthwise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each fig; fill with 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese. Wrap each with a piece of prosciutto; place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Serve warm with glaze. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews for Gorgonzola Figs with Balsamic Glaze(2)
Sort By :
The balsamic glaze was a bit overpowering in my opinion. And it was a very, very salty appetizer. It was, however, tasty, if you can tolerate and enjoy a salty flavor. I would love to alter it a bit and try them again.
I used fresh figs and these were delicious, although a little expensive to make. All guests loved them.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Ham >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >