Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks. The hand-held snacks make for easy mingling at parties.—Elizabeth Robinson, Conroe, Texas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Straws in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p180
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Cheese Straws
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"I have loved these since I was a Child. Takes me back to a Happier time. I have also tried them with roasted pecans chopped up in it."