Easy Cheese Danish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks, lemon zest, vanilla and salt; beat on low speed until blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry into a 12-in. square. Cut each into nine squares. Spoon 2-1/2 teaspoons of cheese mixture into the center of each square.
- Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring two opposite corners of pastry over filling; pinch to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 6, 2012
Brought these to our annual Easter Family Brunch and everyone loved them! People kept talking about these and couldn't believe they were homemade. You will not regret making these. I hope to make them often. Thanks so much for this recipe.