Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
When I got my ice cream maker, a friend shared her dreamy freezy cheesecake recipe. For guests, I scoop this into tart shells. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries or crushed graham crackers, optional
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add whipping cream; cover and process until blended. Remove to a large bowl.
- Add 1-1/2 cups strawberries to blender; cover and process until pureed. Stir into cream mixture.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.)
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 4-6 hours or until firm. If desired, serve with sliced strawberries and graham crackers.
Health Tip: Do a healthified riff on peaches and cream: Fill a dish with sliced fresh peaches topped with a little scoop of this must-have ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 234 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Tarts in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016