Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
When I got my ice cream maker, a friend shared her dreamy freezy cheesecake recipe. For guests, I scoop this into tart shells. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries or crushed graham crackers, optional
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add whipping cream; cover and process until blended. Remove to a large bowl.
- 2. Add 1-1/2 cups strawberries to blender; cover and process until pureed. Stir into cream mixture.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.)
- 4. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 4-6 hours or until firm. If desired, serve with sliced strawberries and graham crackers.
1/2 cup: 234 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC