Dill Pickle Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Dill Pickle Potato Salad(17)
Sort By :
This was a good recipe, but I prefer other recipes better.
I used this same recipe for macaroni salad. It was wonderful! My husband loved it!
It's like Mom's. The only difference is that Mom put grated cheese. I added 3 or 4 oz. and it tasted like I remembered. Thanks a bunch.
This is good, but nothing super special
I found this recipe in a "Bonus Book" that came with my TOH magazine in June, 2006. I am not a potato salad fan, but my husband is. I have changed my tune, though. This recipe is AWESOME. I have made this over and over and will never make any other recipe. My friends request this potato salad for any function we attend. Thank you, Nancy, for a SUPER potato salad recipe!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Irish Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >