- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine, mustard, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in shrimp and cream. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon Shrimp with Pasta
Sort By :
"I made this tonight and it was very good, definitely a keeper. The only thing I changed, was I added two diced cloves of garlic, I will definitely be making it again."
"This was a delicious and fast weeknight meal. Made it exactly as written and absolutely loved it and would make again. Simple yet elegant for company also. Definitely worth making:)"
"sounds good but I agree with MamauJudy we need the nutritional values."
"This sounds delicious but I never try recipes that don't give the nutritional values. We list it for some, why don't we do it for all recipes?"
"Don't often submit reviews but this is an awesome fast dinner! Great taste and not real heavy. Definitely will make again!"