- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine, mustard, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in shrimp and cream. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon Shrimp with Pasta
Sort By :
I live in Florida and we eat a lot of shrimp. I have made umpteen sauces for shrimp, but I didn't even think of making one with mustard. As a volunteer field editor, I am happy to say this recipe is spectacular.
Awesome. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe.