- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving. Yield: 21-24 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Grape Salad
"Delicious! I have made it for church potlucks as well as picnics at our cabin. Everyone wants the recipe!"
"I make this recipe but I put it in a 9x13 pan and put the brown sugar and pecans over the top right away. I think it is better made the day before serving."
"Delicious!!! A great potluck dish because it's tasty and different"
"I've been making this for years. My recipe has more pecans and brown sugar. If you are even thinking about trying it you definitely should. It's delicious. Take it to a family gathering. You will get rave reviews."
"I have a recipe similar in ingredients to this salad that I got from a friend. I haven't made it yet but my friend puts crushed butterfingers on top of her grape salad. It's really good!"
"Made this for a work breakfast. Didn't have enough vanilla so I added a tsp of almond extract. Sweet enough without the brown sugar so I left it off. Perfect. Thank you for the recipe."
"Members of my family are diabetic, so I eliminated the 1/3 C sugar and mixed the brown sugar in with the sour cream. Made a mistake and used 16 oz of low fat sour cream, so I didn't use the cream cheese. Nevertheless, everyone loved it. Two days later, what was left over wasn't enough for two so I added some fresh raspberries. Yum! Now we can't decide which we like better, so I will be making both, probably with just the sour cream."
"SO yummy!!! excellent just as written!!"
"I am assuming you can make this the day before and then cover and refrigerate?"
"We made this for a picnic, and it's delicious! We did leave out the nuts due to a friend with allergies, and after tasting it before the nuts and brown sugar, finding it sweet enough, thats how we left it."