Creamy Grape Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving. Yield: 21-24 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Grape Salad(22)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe! I'd always considered that doing anything to grapes except eating them right off the bunch was gilding the lily, but after tasting this, I decided if you are going to "gild," this was the gilding to do! I'd never made this myself before today, though. We had a bunch of white grapes that were just a bit too tart for us to enjoy eating by themselves, so I mixed this up. It's so quick and so easy, and very forgiving of substitutions--I found that I didn't have sour cream, so used 0% plain Greek yogurt, and then discovered that I'd accidentally grabbed fat free cream cheese at the store, which is a slightly different creature to me than regular or lowfat. And I had no pecans, so I chopped up some almonds. Even with all that, this came out wonderfully, and tasted very similar to what I've had in the past at various gatherings.
This is one of those recipes that have become a staple at family get togethers, everyone loves it. I always substitute Neufchâtel cheese and fat free sour cream and no one knows the difference.
The best ever!!!
Delicious - easy to make healthier - use low fat cream cheese and non fat plain yogurt. I used Splenda and only 1/2 of 1/3 cup and no brown sugar on top. Also, dry roasted almonds instead of sugared nuts..
One of our children made it after we had dinner. It was a surprise to the entire family! We all thought it was delightful! I will make it for New Years. I will only use green grapes because my family are not fond of red grapes and instead of pecans, I may use almonds.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >