- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
- Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crab Quiche
Sort By :
"I've made this several times, with good results. It doesn't really take very long to assemble and you could easily use real crab. I always used a whole 8 oz package of the imitation crab (shredded style)."
"It was great!! I used real crab and put in extra crab and cheese."
"Even my daughter who doesn't like seafood thought this recipe should probably go in our favorites. :)"
"This was great but I did add some Old Bay seasoning to it, love the flavors."
"I used real crab in mine and it was delicious. Top it off with some hot sauce and it was perfect"