Crab Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
- Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crab Quiche(8)
Sort By :
I've made this several times, with good results. It doesn't really take very long to assemble and you could easily use real crab. I always used a whole 8 oz package of the imitation crab (shredded style).
It was great!! I used real crab and put in extra crab and cheese.
Even my daughter who doesn't like seafood thought this recipe should probably go in our favorites. :)
This was great but I did add some Old Bay seasoning to it, love the flavors.
I used real crab in mine and it was delicious. Top it off with some hot sauce and it was perfect