This is the kind of salad you can keep in the fridge for a couple days and it just gets better. I just add the sunflower seeds before serving to keep the crunch. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 6 large carrots, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 8 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and green onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Coleslaw with Poppy Seed Dressing in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014, p41
Reviews for Coleslaw with Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2016
"This was a nice change from regular coleslaw. I did use the already shredded coleslaw bagged mix to save some time. Really enjoyed the recipe!!"