Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Sort By :
Enjoyed the swirled cinnamon but found the topping turned sticky and burned by the time the inside finished baking. Next time, I would try putting less of the cinnamon sugar on top.
So easy and delish Ya'LL! I added 1 1/2 vanilla to bring the cinnamon flavor out even more. One could easily double, triple or quadruple this recipe and have a crowd over for brunch. Can not go wrong with this one!
Can this Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread be frozen?
Great with whole wheat flour. Make it now! Fine after 45 minutes.
I made this delicious quick bread recently and it was a huge hit with my husband. The recipe is easy to prepare and I followed the directions exactly. However, it baked in 40 minutes so I suggest checking it early so it does not overbake. I will be preparing this again. Definitely worth five stars.