- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Sort By :
"This was a non-repeater for me. I made it exactly as written -- the sugar layers act as insulation during the baking process even though I swirled the layers as stated. When I removed it from the loaf pan, the whole inside was an unbaked layer of batter. I tried the recipe again using 2 eggs, and less sugar in the cinnamon sugar mix. I thought that I would have better luck making muffins, so I tried that. The inside did get done after baking for 35 minutes, but they were impossible to remove from the pan in one piece because the cinnamon layer causes separations. The flavor is just okay. So, next time I will look for a recipe with less sugar and maybe a sour cream batter and apples. In my opinion, this recipe is way too sweet."
"Fabulous - and very easy. Had way too much sugar/cinnamon mix, though, and some did not bake all the way in. So, when I took it out of the pan it spilled all over. Will try a 3 layer approach the next time, and will de-pan it over the sink! Mine didn't swirl the same either."
"great bread!! It uses A LOT of sugar. I didn't use all the suggested amount. And mine did not swirl the same....came out more brown than swirled, but it was very moist."
"Way too sweet for me but the kids loved it. I'll definitely make this again but next time I'll cut back on the amount of sugar used in the sugar/cinnamon mixture."
"This is a good bread, easy enough. I had to let it cook the full amount of time. It is a pleasantly cinnamon flavor, I added pecans, plus I put a drop or two of vanilla in the glaze."