Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread(13)
Sort By :
I am the contributor for this recipe way back when....lol. I used to just mix all the ingredients together (except the cinnamon and sugar) and then put 1/2 in pan and put about 2/3 of cinnamon mixture in (as you all suggested here) and then the rest of the batter and sprinkle rest of cinnamon sugar mixture on top. When you submit a recipe to the magazines they do change the recipe a bit. I am so glad you all enjoy this bread! I never drizzled glaze on top, but that would be good also. I now live in Florida and auctioned off all those cookbooks when we left MI.
This was fast, easy and delicious. I will always have to double this because one loaf won't be enough for my family of eight. I put about 2/3 of the cinnamon on top of the first layer of batter or else too much is lost when inverting the loaf. Also, haven't tried with buttermilk as it worked great with soured milk.
I have made this bread so many times now, and it has become one of my go-to recipes. I have so many family and friends who ask for this bread that I always double the recipe, to have one loaf to keep at home and one to give away. I love that, other than the buttermilk, this uses ingredients that I always have on hand (and I've substituted milk/vinegar for buttermilk occasionally, with great results). The only change I make to the recipe is to add most - at least 2/3 - of the cinnamon-sugar to the batter and leave less for sprinkling on top, as I find that most of the cinnamon falls off when I invert the pan to remove the loaf. Fantastic recipe and one I'll be using for years to come.
This is an awesome recipe to whip up at the last minute. It only takes a few minutes to mix and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand. You can even leave off the topping and it is still great.
This is so good! We enjoy making this for breakfast. My daughter made this for a 4-H Bake Off and mixed it all together, so no swirl but it was still delicious and prize winning! Make a double batch of the dry ingredients and freeze for another day!