- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Sort By :
"great bread!! It uses A LOT of sugar. I didn't use all the suggested amount. And mine did not swirl the same....came out more brown than swirled, but it was very moist."
"Way too sweet for me but the kids loved it. I'll definitely make this again but next time I'll cut back on the amount of sugar used in the sugar/cinnamon mixture."
"This is a good bread, easy enough. I had to let it cook the full amount of time. It is a pleasantly cinnamon flavor, I added pecans, plus I put a drop or two of vanilla in the glaze."
"This was very good. I also added extra cinnamon and some vanilla in the batter. I always use some whole wheat pastry flour in addition to regular. I must say though, if you baked this for as long as this recipe states, it would be too well done. I baked mine for 40 minutes, and I think that was a couple minutes too long. I think the glaze adds an extra sweetness and nice flavor to this bread, but I always add a little melted butter into my glaze to give it some thickness and substance. I would definitely make this again."
"Made this bread today. Was easy and absolutely wonderful. Will share this."