Chicken & Egg Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and noodles. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken & Egg Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"Good hearty meal that uses simple, well known ingredients...which means the kids will eat it too!! Agree with the others that additional spices are necessary. Like some of the other commenters I also blended garlic (powder) into the mixture for extra flavor."
"Provided an excellent meal for the week. Husband suggested more sour cream and more ritz cracker topping. Easy adjustments for next time!"
"I like this recipe a lot. I did add a little garlic and some extra salt and pepper to the chicken that I cooked for the recipe. Then I added about 1/4 cup of French's fried onions with the cracker topping and sprinkled McCormick's Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb on the top too before baking."
"The first time I made it, it was good, but quite bland. The next time I added parsley, italian spice mixture and italian grated cheese. It had a lot more flavor. Would make again using these changes."