When I worked full-time and needed a quick dessert to take to a potluck or a friend's home, this pie was always the answer. You can substitute a graham cracker crust or use another type of fruit pie filling for a change of pace. Even the chilling time is flexible if you're in a big hurry. -Mary Smith Bradenton, Florida
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 shortbread or graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheesecake in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p27
Reviews for Cherry Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review