Cheese Boereg Recipe
The rich-tasting filling of this appetizer is made with mozzarella and ricotta cheese, then baked between buttery layered dough.Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella or Muenster cheese
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (18 inches x 14 inches)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg white, ricotta and parsley. Stir in mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough; cut the stack of sheets in half widthwise. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; brush with butter. Repeat nine times (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying out).
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over top. Layer with remaining dough, brushing butter on every other sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into triangles or squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Boereg in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p49
Reviews for Cheese Boereg(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2011
Made for a large group of people and rated excellent by all.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >