Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- Moss-green paste food coloring
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 pepperoncini
- 3 colossal ripe olives
- 2 slices peeled parsnip
- Black decorating gel
- 1 pretzel rod
- 1 small cucumber
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon and onions. Shape into a 5x4x3-in. rectangle; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Unwrap rectangle; place on a serving platter with a 3-in. side on top. Tint whipped cream cheese green; spread over top and sides of rectangle.
- Add chopped ripe olives for hair and pepperoncinis for ears. Cut one colossal olive in half; add parsnip slices and olive halves for eyes. With black decorating gel, pipe the brow, mouth and stitches.
- Break pretzel rod in half; add a colossal olive to each end. Press into sides of head for bolts. Cut a small piece from end of cucumber for a nose (save remaining cucumber for another use). Serve with vegetables.
Editor's NoteLook for pepperoncini (pickled peppers) in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 329 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2013
This was AWESOME!!!!!!! I made this for Halloween (yes, I'm slow in reviewing) and everyone RAVED over it. Not only is Cheesenstein adorable, but tasty as well! I've modified him into a "Cheeseter Egg," too, and my office asks me to make one for every holiday now. Hahaha
Nov 7, 2012
Fun to make. Big hit at party.
Oct 14, 2012
Cheesenstein was a hit!
Nov 3, 2011
Made the inside of the cheese ball the day before and it was perfect
Oct 30, 2011
I have this for five different parties and it is a big hit. I do add a tablespoon of ranch dip for a little extra zip. I also found that the black gel for the eyebrows and mouth tended to run so I just tinted some of the cream cheese black and used that. If you mix the black food coloring with a little cream cheese in a plastic baggie, there is no mess then just snip a corner off to pipe it on.
Oct 26, 2011
i made this into a mummy for a Halloween themed baby shower loved it the best cheese ball recipe i have ever had
Oct 25, 2011
This was great! The visual was just as the picture and it tasted yummy.
Oct 21, 2011
I made this for our party at work and it was great!It looked fantastic and was tasty. Will definitely do again.
Sep 18, 2011
Sep 11, 2011
This recipe not only looks great, the taste is just as good. This was huge hit at my party. People we afraid to be the first one to eat it. They didn't want to ruin it.-Lori in PA