One of our favorite pulled pork recipes combines the heat of chipotle peppers with cool tropical coleslaw. The robust flavors make these sliders a big hit with guests. —Kadija Bridgewater, Boca Raton, Florida
Featured In: 20 Slider Recipes
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 3 tablespoons sauce
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split and toasted
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. In a small bowl, combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through.
- For coleslaw, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, mango, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup pork mixture on each roll bottom; top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw. Replace tops. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p84
Reviews for Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review