Asian Turkey Sliders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split and warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced cucumber, shredded carrot and fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first eight ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place sliders on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 433 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 27, 2018
Apr 8, 2018
The flavor of these are great! I am a big fan of teriyaki! You can use any meat you want, we like using ground pork. The sweet roll buns are a must!
Feb 20, 2018
Fun and can be done ahead and frozen a plus!!
Aug 14, 2017
Pretty good! The burgers were softer than normal and wanted to fall apart, but they were tasty. They have a good, if subtle, teriyaki flavor which is kind of sweet. I'll make this one again, but may have to cut back on the egg to keep the burgers together. Overall, a pretty good recipe!