Campfire Potatoes Recipe
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 20 in.); dot with butter. Combine the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth. Seal the edges of foil well. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Potatoes(30)
Sort By :
Great recipe! I baked mine at 350 degrees for one hour and it turned out wonderful.
to make things easier I made individual packets, one potato per person, and divided the seasoning. I also par cooked the potatoes in the microwave so they would cook along with our steak..YUM!
Baked in 400 degree oven for 70 minutes. Potatoeswere barely done and liquid was just pooled in bottom of pan. Maybe I did something wrong but just did not care force flavour. I did follow the recipe except I used a 9x9 foil pan, covered. Was the pan size my problem? Nope, just didn't like the flavour. Sorry.
Really good. I used olive oil instead of butter and added some minced garlic. Also used dry parsley not fresh. Not sure what the chicken broth was for since its not in the directions and I didn't use it.
I have made this sereral times in the oven. It is easy to put together and very tasty. I like that there is cheese but not an over powering amount and with all the other flavors going on it is really about tasty potatoes. These potatoes compliment a variety of meat dishes. I served this over Christmas week with Italian roast beef sandwiches then in the summer next to hot dogs and hamburgers. I followed the recipe as is but since I made my in the oven it took just about an hour in the oven at 350 degrees. I placed the potatoes in my large glass pie plate and when it came out of the oven I set it on a hot pad and served from there --- easy clean-up too!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Potatoes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >