Best-Ever Beans and Sausage Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (31 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add green pepper and onion; saute until tender. Drain. Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover. bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Best-Ever Beans and Sausage(6)
Sort By :
I have six picky kids and they all love this. It is a regular in my home. Best of all it makes enough that I can reheat some for lunch the next day!
Always take these baked beans to picnics. Everyone loves them! Very yummy!!
These beans are delicious. My father in law requests that I make this everytime we get together. Sometimes, I can't find spicy sausage, so I use regular sausage and sprinkle some red pepper flakes. If it gets too thick, just add 1/2 cup water. Even better the next day.
This recipe was in TOH years ago and I have made it many times. It is really delicious with all of the different beans with spicy sausage-what's not to like!
Simple, tasty meal for the whole family to enjoy! I split the batch into 8x8 pans instead of one 9x13 pan to freeze one for another meal. I used a spicey pepper also, which added some extra zing to the flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Black Eyed Pea Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >