Best-Ever Beans and Sausage Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (31 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add green pepper and onion; saute until tender. Drain. Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover. bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Best-Ever Beans and Sausage
Sort By :
"I really liked these beans! Grandma and husband did not though, which sadly means that I probably won't be making it again. Grandma says it is a weird combination of flavors. Husband says it is too sweet. You can't win 'em all!"
"made this and it tastes great..a couple people that like traditional baked beans with ground beef thrown in probably won't like it because its too much flavor for them...my grown kids who none like baked beans , including myself really liked this..i love it because it has so much flavor and i like spicy too."
"I have six picky kids and they all love this. It is a regular in my home. Best of all it makes enough that I can reheat some for lunch the next day!"
"Always take these baked beans to picnics. Everyone loves them! Very yummy!!"
"These beans are delicious. My father in law requests that I make this everytime we get together. Sometimes, I can't find spicy sausage, so I use regular sausage and sprinkle some red pepper flakes. If it gets too thick, just add 1/2 cup water. Even better the next day."