At a resort buffet, I tried a breakfast pizza and wanted to adapt it for home. It’s an awesome alternative to basic egg casseroles. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Featured In: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Remove from pan. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings until blended. In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are almost set.
- Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with Alfredo sauce. Top with red peppers, bacon, onion and scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Bacon & Eggs Pizza in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p22
Reviews for Bacon & Eggs Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review