These roll-ups from our Test Kitchen are sliced thick, then stacked slightly askew to resemble a backbone. Feel free to use other fillings.
- 3/4 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Spread 2 tablespoons of spreadable cheese over each tortilla. Layer with spinach, ham, salami and cheese. Sprinkle with peppers. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut each into six slices. On a serving plate, stack roll-ups to resemble a spine. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Backbone Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p239
Reviews for Backbone Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2014
"Have made these many times for my husbands art show and always a hit"
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"I have made it a number of times for gatherings and even my husbands lunch!"
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2012
"My husband requests it. Making it for our next party!"