- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Avocado & Artichoke Pasta Salad
Sort By :
We love pasta salad and were excited to try one with our favorite ingredients: artichokes, tomatoes and avocados. The overall salad ingredients are great (added some shredded rotisserie chicken to make it a complete dinner) but the dressing is disappointing. It lacked flavor. I will definitely make this salad again but use an Italian-seasoning based dressing and not add cilantro.
Update: The next day I had some friends try the leftover salad. Three out of three really liked it. especially the lime dressing. So I have to bump it up from a 3 to a 4 star rating.
Used zest and juice from 2 small limes which was a little more than recipe called for. Left in refrigerator over night. Came out great lime and artichoke make the flavor really come out.
I made this recipe following the directions except for substituting whole wheat rotini for the pasta. My family was disappointed, and the last of the salad was thrown out. Many great ingredients, but not a lot of flavor.