"A close friend shared this make-ahead recipe that starts with a packaged rice mix," notes Sonja Blow of Groveland, California. Curry and artichoke hearts give it a flavorful change of pace that's welcome at a picnic or potluck.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cool. Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Chop artichokes; place in a large bowl. Add the prepared rice, long grain rice and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Rice Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p49
Reviews for Artichoke Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review