"A close friend shared this make-ahead recipe that starts with a packaged rice mix," notes Sonja Blow of Groveland, California. Curry and artichoke hearts give it a flavorful change of pace that's welcome at a picnic or potluck.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cool. Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Chop artichokes; place in a large bowl. Add the prepared rice, long grain rice and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Rice Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p49
Reviews for Artichoke Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2013
"Sounds great cant wait to try this. Janis"
Reviewed May. 3, 2012
"Easy to make and delicious. Used it for potluck and had no leftovers."