- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/4 cups flour, divided
- 10 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced (about 9 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add 3 cups flour, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Shape into 2 balls. Place 1 ball on large lightly floured sheet of waxed paper; flatten slightly. Cover with second floured sheet of waxed paper. Roll out dough to 15-1/2x10-1/2-inch rectangle. Discard top sheet of waxed paper.
- SPRAY 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray; invert over rolled-out dough. Flip dough and pan together. (Pan will be on bottom.) Remove second waxed paper sheet; gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pan. Toss apples with remaining flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon; spread onto bottom of crust.
- REPEAT rolling out of remaining dough ball to make second rectangle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; carefully flip dough over apples. Discard waxed paper. Tuck edges of dough down sides of pan to enclose apples. Make several slits in top crust to vent
- BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown.
- COOL dessert 15 min. Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water; drizzle over dessert. Cool 30 min. before cutting into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pie Bars Provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese 2013
Reviews for Apple Pie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2013
easy to eat. makes a nice presentation , and just an elegant apple desert. I give it 5 stars
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2013
Simple and easy. No problem. Yum.