Glazed Persimmon Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates or raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the persimmon, sugar, oil, egg and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and spices; add to sugar mixture. Stir in dates and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2014
This recipe came out very good. I used only 1/2 teaspoon salt as I was making this for my Father-in-law that needs to watch his sodium. I would make again. I used a mixture of raisins and dates. Yum