Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 pound
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, combine the almonds, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sugar is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat; carefully stir in vanilla. Spread onto prepared baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with salt. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 335 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 6, 2014
Easy enough to do. I used a coarse salt for taste and visual appeal.
Mar 9, 2013
Nice little recipe! Quick and easy, yet very tasty!! I used coconut sugar, which is lower glycemic and has a bit of a brown sugar taste. I also used gourmet salt to finish it. Love it! Nice that you can adjust the sugar and salt to taste as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.