- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, combine the almonds, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sugar is golden brown.
- 2. Remove from the heat; carefully stir in vanilla. Spread onto prepared baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with salt. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
2 ounce-weight: 335 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 6, 2014
Easy enough to do. I used a coarse salt for taste and visual appeal.
Mar 9, 2013
Nice little recipe! Quick and easy, yet very tasty!! I used coconut sugar, which is lower glycemic and has a bit of a brown sugar taste. I also used gourmet salt to finish it. Love it! Nice that you can adjust the sugar and salt to taste as well.