Apple Streusel Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix flour, cracker crumbs, oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar and sugar. Stir in butter. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix apples, spices and remaining brown sugar. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake until apples are tender, 30-35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over top. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 149 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2019
These were very good made as it. I always love the flavor and texture of nuts, so I think some chopped pecans would be a nice addition next time I made these. This is a perfect recipe for fall.