Jewel Nut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1-1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and salt; stir in remaining brown sugar. Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over crust.
- Bake until topping is set, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 2, 2013
These are fantastic! I omit the cherries and use dark chocolate chips instead.
Dec 20, 2012
I made those bars tonight... They taste amazing and they even looked better than the the picture on the site
Nov 18, 2012
I make these every Chritmas, love them! Easy too!
Nov 18, 2012
Make these every Christmas.... love them!
Dec 1, 2010
I have been making this recipe for year. It's so delicious & a perfect combination of sweet & salty. It also looks fantastic.
Dec 1, 2009
No Christmas cookie platter is complete without these tasty treats. Sometimes we even leave some for the kids, not often though.