Apple Walnut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in apple and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 171 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
I was having several of my grandson's over and wanted a quick and delicious snack they would like. The bars are moist and not too sweet. I served them along with vanilla ice cream. This recipe is a keeper.
Oct 28, 2015
I was looking for an quick and easy dessert that said "autumn" to me. This recipe fit the bill very nicely! I did think that 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon wouldn't be enough, so I bumped that up to 1 tsp and added some allspice and a little nutmeg, as well. With the additional spices, the result was delicious and worthy of 5 stars. My husband loved it, which isn't an easy accomplishment.
Nov 3, 2013
A nice recipe. Bars have a great crunch on the outside, but are very moist inside. Could use some additional seasoning such as cloves, allspice, or more cinnamon, but otherwise very good.
Apr 19, 2012
Very moist and sweet. Delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.