Zucchini Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini mixture and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 203 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
May 31, 2018
This is simple & delicious. I have subbed other veggies for the zucchini & onion. The only inaccuracy is that, after cooking this several times, the cooking time is exactly 33 minutes.
Jul 31, 2016
This recipe is a long-time family favorite! Although it tastes great when prepared as written, I sometimes like to add ham or bacon.
Jul 3, 2015
Great way to use all the zuchini growing in my garden this summer!
Aug 31, 2014
Very good- didn't have marjoram but it was not missed. Added ham like other reviewers.
Aug 24, 2014
Delicious! Made as is w/out marjoram since I didn't have any on hand. I thought this was going to taste bland, but it was so tasty and delicious. The basil is definitely a must!
May 25, 2014
To be honest this didn't seem like it'd world but it not only worked it knocked it out of the park! I did add one extra egg and took ReldaJ's mushroom idea. I made it about an hour before a breakfast potluck and it was universally loved. Thanks TOH and community!
Jan 12, 2014
Made this on numerous occasions and it's really, really good. Never changed it, it tastes just great as is!!!
Aug 9, 2012
I have made this lots of time over the years... It's delicious as is, or with some cubed ham added to it... Everyone in my family loves it!
May 5, 2010
I am a great Zucchini lover, expecially if they are young and tender then you don't need to peel them. I did 2 1/2 cups of zucchini and 1/2 cup fresh musrooms.