Garden Veggie Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg substitute, cheeses, pepper and pepper sauce. Stir in the vegetables. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 202 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 22, 2014
Loved the combo and it tasted great! Will make this again and again, and use whatever veggies I have on hand.
Jun 29, 2014
Yummy! Next time I would omit the brocolli and add asparagus instead. It took closer to an hour to bake. Will make again.
Jun 18, 2013
Wow! We loved this! My normally picky husband gobbled it up. I did cut some of the cheese down and didn't add the tomatoes and it was still delicious! Will definitely be making this again.
Nov 8, 2012
Big hit at my work gathering!