Black Hills Golden Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt if desired. Add mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 354 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 241mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2015
I made half this recipe for Easter breakfast. I used reduced fat cheeses and turkey sausage to lighten it up a bit. Good, but lacked flavor and I don't think it needs the flour and baking powder as it was pretty dense. I did not add salt because of the bacon.
Feb 8, 2014
This is one of my favorite breakfast items for when I have company. Everyone loves it all the time.
Jun 1, 2013
Easy abd delicious